'...Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you...'

Saturday 9 July 2011

Venice

Not posted anything for quite a while. I've been kind of busy. So I got back from Italy about a month ago now. Me and my boyfriend visited Florence, Venice and Rome. It was amazing. Quite stressfull at the time, and overwhelming, especially whe there is a bomb scare at the airport your supposed to be landing at so you get diverted to somewhere you can even find on the map, then your boyfriend loses his wallet in the most confusing place to get around (Venice), then we temporarily lose our passports, then the boyfriend (again) leaves his passport at the hostel when we're on our way to Rome, then leaves his bag at the bus stop when we're on the bus to the train station! I think it's fair to say I am now in charge of everything! He is trusted with nothing!
Apart from that it was a good trip! 
I could post about a million pictures from the trip but I don't want to bore you too much so I picked my favs. In Venice almost every second shop sells the Venetian masks. Some cheapy plain ones others just magnificant. Some of the detail and intricasy on the masks was just amazing. I bought a plain one that I'm going to decorate myself. Don't know if it'll turn out quite as good.





We visited the obvious tourist points, Piazza San Marco and the Campanile, Basilica di San Marco, Rialto and Ponte di Rialto and a few museums. We got lost constantly. We walked about Venice for hours without finding anything, we wandered back alleys and down little streets which just led to part of the canal. I think it would pretty cool to live in Venice, it's like it's own little world. We obvisouly saw the famous gondolas but we didn't go on one. Faaar too expensive, we did go on a little one, that just took across the grand canal. It cost 1euro so that done us fine. Here's some photos of Venice I took that I thought you might enjoy! 
Little tip - if anyone does go to Venice you can get on the water buses for free! It says you have to pay but no one actually checks if you've paid. We did not realise this until we were leaving Venice! It would have made the trip much more enjoyable!





The guy ruined the picture a bit by being on his phone!!!

View from the Rialto Bridge



Basilica di San Marco

Rialto Bridge



No comments:

Post a Comment