'...Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you...'

Thursday 9 December 2010

David Downton


 This one has got to be my favourite. The colour is beautiful and the texture created for the fabric is so feminine and delicate.

David’s commercial client list includes: Tiffany & Co, Bloomingdales, Barney’s, Harrods, Top Shop, Chanel, Dior, L’Oreal, Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, V Magazine and the V&A Museum



I discovered David Downton when researching for a project. His work excites me. Every time I see one of his illustrations I feel inspired. Inspired to draw, inspired to create. They are magnificent. His use of line, is so simple but so intricate and delicate. The colours are barely there but they make the picture. It's actually got me very interested in Fashion Illustration and I would definitely like to become better at this.

2 comments:

  1. I agree these are very beautiful fashion illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love his work. Do see his works on dior and some of his other portraits, I'm sure you'd like them :)

    ReplyDelete