'...Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you...'

Wednesday 8 December 2010

First Assignment

I thought this was interesting because I've seen so many peices of art and thought my little brother could do that but I suppose The meaning is an the eye of the creater.

This is an image from the Luis Buñuel and Salvador Dali film L'un Chien Andalou which has scarred me for life.

So the first half of 1st Year is almost over. 1 exam and a skirt to make and thats it. It's been weird. You go through periods of having absolutely nothing to do, to having loads to do and stressing out. So for CSS we had a sketchbook to keep, with different assignments every week. I'm quite sad I've finished it because I enjoyed doing it. Our first assignment involved a trip to the National Galleries Surrealist Exhibition and to compile 4 pages of our thoughts on the Surealist movement and the exhibition. I thought it was quite weird and creepy but I think it was influential and important for the art world. I thought the movement was all about breaking boundaries, not comforming to the set rules in society. The reason behind the art is great and ground breaking however the art itself is creepy and verygraphic at times however you can't help but admire it.

No comments:

Post a Comment