'...Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you...'

Thursday 16 December 2010

Surrealism

To design a skirt with a surreal influence was actually quite a challenge. When you've got no limitations it becomes difficult. I struggled with mine because of the time constraints and my mind got blocked. I panicked. I thought I wouldn't have enough time to do something crazy so I stuck to something simple. The skirt itself is pretty nice but I'm not too sure if it's surreal enough. I hope so for the sake of my grade. I tried to think of big gathers to make the skirt big and bouncing. It didn't turn out quite as big as I wanted but still pretty cool. I enjoyed the fashion illustration part of it. I'm not too imaginative so it was difficult to think of an interesting pose for my model. But I received a book called '100 Years of Fashion Illustration' by Cally Beackman, as an early Christmas present. I was told to open it early in case it helped me with my course! And it did. It gave me some inspiration and ideas of poses instead of the simple straightforward hand on hip one. I thought it turned out ok but I definitely need and want more practice.

Front View
Side View

Fashion Illustration

No comments:

Post a Comment